Have you ever bought something and realized by the time you got home that you didn’t get what you expected? Or perhaps ordered a product online but once it got delivered to your home, it didn’t look or work the same way it did in the pictures? That the materials used were cheap and low quality?
Yes. We’ve all been there. We’ve all felt like we got ripped off by some huge product or investment and we want our money back. With the rise of online shopping and lack of quality control, scams continue to happen to people all over the world.
A specific area where we should watch out for scams is when we buy PPE products such as face masks, gloves, hand sanitizers or antibacterial gloves. We buy these PPE products to keep us sanitized and safe, especially with all that has happened in the past few months. We need every layer of protection we can get and with simple products like hand sanitizers, we trust that they can get the job done so getting scammed by buying low quality products is a huge loss. Not only are you not getting your money’s worth, but you are also putting your health at risk.
Due to the recent coronavirus pandemic, government protocols were implemented everywhere such as the mandatory wearing of face masks in public and social distancing. These guidelines led to the rise in the demand for PPE products as people not only wanted to follow the rules but wanted to keep themselves safe as well. With the rise in demand, a lot of companies and resellers, especially in online markets, started to sell face masks and other sanitation products. While there are a lot of companies that sell their products to help people and keep their families safe, there are some that just want to make money and are fine with selling low quality products.
It is important for every customer to check the quality of the products that they buy. Here are some things you can do to spot low quality PPE products:
- Make Sure That the Products Are Certified– When buying products such as face masks or gloves, take a good look at their boxes or labels and see if they are certified. Recent studies by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health in the US found that there have been N95 masks that fall short of the regular standards. Uncertified products can put your health at risk without you even knowing it so make sure that they are certified by the Food and Drug Administration and other health certifications.
- Only Buy Products from Registered Distribution Partners– Make sure that the seller of the PPE products is a registered distribution partner and not just someone who is taking advantage of opportunities. Avoid sellers that cannot verify if the supply chain of their products is legitimate. You should also be able to track your orders if the sellers are registered distribution partners.
- Avoid Recently Setup Scam Sites– A lot of fake websites have been made recently and are preying on the opportunity presented by the recent pandemic. They are claiming to sell masks or other health items. If they do not have any history or legitimate business records, avoid them right away. Millions of dollars are being extorted by these fake companies because of the demand for face masks and other such products so keep an eye out for them.
- Be Sure That the Company Is Consistent with Their Products– If a company’s product portfolio is not consistent with what they usually sell, that can be a red flag. A good example for this would be apparel manufacturers that are suddenly selling surgical face masks. You should be able to consult the manufacturers first in order to confirm the authenticity of their products before you buy them.
- Avoid Claims That Are Too Good to Be True– Suppliers of low-quality PPE products usually make claims that they cannot really backup or prove. Avoid these companies or sellers even if they seem to be discussing facts about the virus. You should also avoid opening any links or attachments claiming that there have been breakthroughs in PPE products.
These are a few of the things customers like you can do to avoid low quality PPE products. It is true that frauds and fake suppliers will be out there and we cannot control what they do. However, we can control who or what company we buy our PPE products from so we must make sure that we buy them from companies that have proven themselves and are certified by the appropriate governing organizations.
If you have been scammed in the past or have bought low quality face masks or other products, that is totally fine. We can all learn from our mistakes and make sure that we buy the right products in order to keep ourselves and those around us safe.
PPE Company Care
It’s a good thing that we have companies such as PPE Company Care that truly care about their customers and want to keep them safe. PPE Company Care is a company that sells PPE care kits which are suitable for everyone in the family and even in the workplace. Their products are CE Certified and FDA Approved so you know that they are selling high quality PPE products.
Each care kit that you order from them comes with two types of masks, an FFP2 Mask and a Type IIR Mask. Along with that, you get a hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes, and disposable gloves. All these items are things we can use whether we are in the house, in the workplace, or out in public and they come in one portable bag making it easier for you to bring them. These are high-quality products that are cost-efficient can can come in bundles or huge packs depending on how much you need. So, what are you waiting for? Order yours now at ppecompanycare.com to learn more!